Too many people wait until a certain time in their lives before they start pursuing their dreams. Why do they wait? There are various reasons: ”I want to wait until I get married”; “I want to wait until my kids are grown”; “I will do it when I retire”, etc. Sometimes these “reasons” are really excuses. START LIVING NOW! Don’t wait until a certain event or milestone happens. We never know when our last day on Earth will be. Why not make the most of the time you have?
“Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.” – Mahatma Gandhi
Single? Do not wait until you find that special someone. Fill your life up with things YOU want to do in the meantime. That means you’ll bring some fabulous stories to your next relationship.
Have children? Don’t wait until your kids are grown. Inspire them to want to live a fulfilling life as they observe you pursuing your dreams and taking chances.
Don’t wait until you retire! In this economy, who knows when that will be! Start your bucket list now so you can have an awesome retirement filled with things you love to do and places you want to visit.
The great thing about a bucket list is that it helps you to visualize what you want to do and take action when opportunities arise. Groupon and Living Social have deals everyday! This is how I fulfilled my dreams of skydiving, race car driving…and in January, a trip to Iceland! Best part? I am able to achieve my goals on a shoestring budget!
I am a long ways off from retirement and still waiting to meet Mr. Right. But, you know what? I’m happy! Everything isn’t perfect. There are times when I feel like I’ve failed at life…especially when others make insensitive comments. However, instead of
punching them in the throat taking it personal, I force myself to remember all of the things I’ve accomplished from my bucket list. I didn’t get here overnight. In fact, it wasn’t until my recent trip to Bali (another bucket list item) where I learned how to meditate properly and use yoga to control my mood. And you know what? My imperfect life is pretty fulfilling as I’m living, learning, dreaming and exploring!
So…join me in making an awesome bucket list! I promise that you will love the feeling of trying new things. Some you may enjoy…others you may not. That’s the beauty of bucket lists. It’s like shopping for dreams
Need inspiration? I’m addicted to the free iPad app “iWish” which provides inspiration in the form of photos, quotes & maps as well as allowing you to create your bucket list electronically. I also recommend Bucket List Living Magazine. Follow the directions below and use the coupon code “3free” for a free 3 month subscription. Let’s start living the dream!
What’s been on my bucket list?
How to Use the Bucket List Living Magazine Coupon
- Go to “App Store Downloads on iTunes”. Search for Bucket List Living Magazine.
- Download the free app by tapping the FREE button.
- Tap the INSTALL APP button. You will then enter your Apple ID Password and click OK.
- When the magazine app is finished installing tap the OPEN button.
- Permission to send new issues and push notifications from Bucket List Living Magazine is requested. Choose OK.
- Tap the SUBSCRIBE button and then the CURRENT SUBSCRIBERS button.
- Enter the coupon code into the account number box and tap the CONTINUE button. After you enter the code you will receive a notification that you have subscribed successfully. Tap CLOSE. (The current issue should begin downloading in the background.)
- A VIEW button will appear below the current issue, tap it to begin enjoying the magazine.
- You will have access to any issue published during the trial subscription period. At the end of the trial period you will retain access to any issue downloaded during the trial period but will be required to pay for any subsequent issues.
Smartphone apps are a great way to plan & enhance your travel. Below is a list of my favorite iPhone apps that I use while travelling. The best part? Most of these apps are free unless I’ve specified a cost.
1. Trip Planning
- Expedia‘s Trip Assist — Great way to book or manage trips via Expedia.
- Trip Advisor — I use Trip Advisor before booking any hotel because I find the reviews invaluable. Plus, users can post pictures of the hotels which gives you an honest look at the property instead of the “dressed up” photos from 15 years ago.
- Airbnb — This is the coolest app. It’s a booking tool that features unique places to rent. You can rent a luxury villa, an igloo or a house shaped like a boot!
- Jetsetter — It’s invitation-only & features flash travel sales to exotic destinations all over the world. This app features every kind of hotel you can think of – luxury properties, trendy hang-outs, or eco-conscious resorts – for discounts as high as 50% off! Love this app!!
- TripIt — Great app for managing your travel itinerary.
2. Logistics (Air, Train, etc)
- TripTracker – Keeps track of all your travel plans across different airlines. Will notify you of any changes to your reservations.
- GateGuru — Great app for identifying products & services in each terminal at the airport.
- Rail Europe — This is a must-have app for European train travel. You can easily check arrival/departure times and book tickets.
- AllSubway HD — this is a WONDERFUL app! It features maps for 128 different cities around the world (i.e. Atlanta, Amsterdam, Chicago, Sydney, London, Paris, Cairo, Buenos Aires, etc.)
- Taxi Magic — Electronic taxi booking service. Great for finding out what rates should be.
- Viator — I’ve been using Viator for 2 years and love it! The app is super easy to use and great for showing you last-minute deals on tours.
- Rick Steves‘ Audio Europe – Free audio tours you can download from iTunes. Tour cover Paris (i.e. the Louvre), Rome, Florence, etc. It’s a great app if you don’t want to pay for an audio guide.
4. Food & Drinks
- Starbucks — In case you need your caffeine fix on the go.
- Zagat — Provides ratings and reviews for restaurants worldwide ($9.99)
- UrbanSpoon – You can find local restaurants by shaking your device and watching nearby restaurants slide up and down your screen like a slot machine. This app covers the U.S. Canada, UK and Australia.
- Foodspotting – Shows nearby restaurants and allows users to recommend specific dishes.
- Cultures — This is a great app to educate yourself on the local customs for each country you visit.
- Currency — I use this app ALL THE TIME! I absolutely love it. Enter in the amount in a particular currency and it will show you what it costs in U.S. dollars and vice versa.
- Google Translate — Great app for simple translations.
- Free Wi-Fi Finder
6. Country-specific apps
- London = London Tube Map; JourneyPro
- Paris = ParisMetro
Here are a few resources that can help you find travel apps for your device type.